Beekeeper Training for Natural Beekeepers and Bee Talks

Home      Customer Comments
Please click the "sign the guestbook"  link, below right, to leave your comments.
SPAMMERS NOTE: Spam is removed within hours of posting, so is pointless!
Sign the Guestbook
Monday May-29-2017 16:56:40 UTC
Thank you for visiting my site. Here you can leave your comments.
Total Records:18
Viewed Per Page:20
Name Comments
18 Holly
Location: Manchester
IP: 10.94.6.31<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [132.185.161.130]

Monday Oct-31-2016 15:59:07 UTC
Thank you so much for a fabulous weekend at Brinscall Hall. I attended the Natural Beekeeping Beginners Weekend wanting to learn more about the subject, unsure if I would want to keep bees...I've left absolutely inspired and 100% sure I will be keeping bees in the very near future. John is incredibly knowledgable and his love of bees clearly shines through in all his teaching.
17 Steve
Location: Licolnshire, UK
IP: 82.163.79.61

Tuesday Oct- 4-2016 07:38:36 UTC
Met John on a great course last year. I recently asked about my "problem" bees. Amazing support by email and phone to help me sort the problem. Thanks
16 John
Location: Cumbria
IP: 188.138.17.15

Tuesday May-26-2015 07:09:10 UTC
Many thanks for all of the help and advice. You've made my beekeeping much less worrying!
15 faye penny
Location: quernmore
IP: 212.219.81.104

Saturday May- 2-2015 10:24:19 UTC
Thanks John for the natural beekeeping course you ran at Middlewood. It was packed with interesting information and inspiring ideas :-)
14 Ian McPherson
Location: Brigflatts, Cumbria
IP: 86.130.211.136

Sunday Feb- 1-2015 17:49:44 UTC
Thank you so much for your talk today to our Quaker community here at Brigflatts Meeting House. The content was not only extremely informative but also highly inspiring and we are looking foward very much to getting our own hive up and running this Spring. Many thanks again from all of us at Brigflatts.
13 Susan Dempster
Location: Drummore
IP: 146.90.57.9

Thursday Jan-29-2015 19:44:46 UTC
My husband, father and myself thoroughly enjoyed John's talk on top bar hives on Monday 26 Jan 15. It was very interesting and gave us all food for thought. There was a lot of useful information and lots of direction on where to find more. Thanks John
12 Linda Robertson
Location: Western Galloway
IP: 217.35.242.180

Thursday Jan-29-2015 18:45:19 UTC
As Secretary of Western Galloway Beekeepers Assoc, I am always on the lookout for new speakers for our winter schedule. One of our members heard John speak during the summer and suggested I contact him. I was pleased when John said he would make the journey to this lovely part of Scotland (in January!) and, given the distance he travelled, his expenses were very reasonable. The members enjoyed Johns enthusiastic presentation and they had lots of questions about the top bar hive. Lots of ideas! Thanks John
11 Fred Ayres
Location: Lancaster Beekeepers
IP: 5.83.14.155

Thursday Nov-20-2014 20:40:24 UTC
:-) John made an informative and very well received presentation on keeping bees in top bar hives at our workshop "Alternative Approaches to Beekeeping", which made a material contribution to the success of the workshop.
10 annie neligan
Location: Bentham N Yorks
IP: 92.23.16.164

Thursday Nov-20-2014 09:28:51 UTC
John came and talked to our Green Cafe this week. It was a fascinating presentation. A very clear introduction to the lives of honey bees for those of us who knew little,and then more and more illustrations, stories, different perspectives and dilemmas for natural bee keepers. We had both a highly entertaining evening and a new awareness of what we can be doing to support and enjoy bee life
9 M Ring
Location: Monmouthshire
IP: 92.26.41.237

Thursday Aug- 7-2014 11:29:43 UTC
I can't recommend John and his handiwork too highly.

I met him halfway up the M6 to take delivery of a red cedar hTBH in May, but had to wait a good few weeks for a swarm.

John has been knowledgeable, supportive and really helpful throughout, going well beyond vendor duty with advice and tips both beforehand and now that the bees seem to be settled in. They are furiously building comb and appear to be very happy in their new home, as well as sweet-tempered. At present, anyway!

If you're thinking about natural beekeeping, this is an excellent place to start.
8 Ela
IP: 31.48.16.225

Sunday Aug- 3-2014 19:33:08 UTC
Collected my hive in May. It's very well made and John is a lovely, knowledgeable guy. Got a swarm of bees in there now for about a month and they are building comb furiously, not to mention the amount of sugar syrup they are getting through. They seem very pleased with the hive but rather less so with the rookie beekeeper :)
7 Chapelfield Grow Your Own Group
Location: Radcliffe, Manchester
IP: 10.86.113.91<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [82.132.237.233]

Saturday Apr- 5-2014 22:09:02 UTC
We recieved our bee hive yesterday, and are utterly impressed by the workmanship and care that has gone into building it. John is an extremely nice guy and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend John for your hive. 6(^)6
6 Dr Nicholas Jordan
Location: Eastling, Kent
IP: 86.165.36.199

Thursday Nov-14-2013 20:23:22 UTC
I made the long journey from Kent to collect two cedar TBH's made by John. It was well worth the trip the hives were excellent manufactured to the highest standard of craftsmanship and at an excellent price. If you are thinking of starting natural beekeeping there is no better place to get a TBH and I highly recommend the service John provides. 6(^)6
5 Ayeshah Munshi
Location: West Yorkshire
IP: 87.194.89.218

Thursday Jul- 4-2013 13:53:32 UTC
John made me a set of chamfered top bars for my hive to stop cross combing. His service was speedy, friendly and helpful to a complete novice. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. 6(^)6
4 Siobhan
Location: Gloucestershire
IP: 81.152.113.215

Saturday Jun- 1-2013 16:55:12 UTC
Our hive is really well made with very careful attention to detail -and I was met half way (100 miles) to take delivery of it plus lots of useful tips. John Vendy is doing a huge amount to spread the practice of natural beekeeping and ensure the survival of strong colonies... and the price for that amount of work is very reasonable - Thanks John!
3 Dave Meek
IP: 151.226.50.191

Thursday May-30-2013 15:43:53 UTC
Thank-you to John for making my daughter and I welcome at his home when we came to pick up the hive. The time taken with us to talk about the top bar hive and other bee related matters made the trip from the midlands more than worth it. It is always a pleasure meeting people who are passionate about what they are doing rather than just running a business and I would recommend John’s hives to anyone looking to get started in top bar bee-keeping. Now just need to find some bees.
2 Frances Minto
Location: Hebden Bridge
IP: 79.70.77.119

Tuesday Apr-30-2013 15:51:47 UTC
The Mytholmroyd Bee Group have just received two cedar Top Bar hives from John. They are beautifully made, just as we ordered, with a square section for nucs to go in. We are delighted with the quality of the hives and the service, and the cost is very reasonable given the work involved. Thanks,

Frances Minto

PS We'll let you know what the bees think when they move in 6(^)6
1 Sara Foster
Location: Huddersfield
IP: 86.150.108.114

Tuesday Mar-19-2013 14:29:10 UTC
Ordered my top bar hive from John and he brought it to me on Friday. I am incredibly pleased with it. It looks beautiful - the joinery work is superb and the attention to detail is excellent. It was made to my exact specifications and looks robust and I am sure it will last for a very long time. It smells lovely as well - red cedar - and the price was very reasonable indeed. Perfect.

Many thanks indeed John.

Thanks you for your comments.